There can be a few options to choose from when taking out a loan, depending…
Gap Equity Loans is specialized in providing consulting services to potential borrowers looking for equity loans, and knows how to get a loan in Costa Rica to make sure your plans come true by helping you fulfill your financial goals! We assist borrowers and lenders in navigating the loan process in Costa Rica step by step, using our knowledge and experience to help with a fair and balanced transaction.
Gap Equity Loans has consolidated the following practice to bring quality, secure loans to private investors:
What does Gap Equity Loans do to secure loans?
- We advertise for loans;
- We advertise for borrowers;
- Our system vets the loans initially with our Loan Request Form (pre-application);
- We check the National Registry for any legal issues or other liens on the property;
- We evaluate the exact location of the property;
- Our analyst researches comparables in the area to see if the loan request and valuation stated on the pre-application are reasonable;
- Once we establish the loan is good enough for consideration, we request the entire application;
- We verify that all the taxes are up to date, including HOA fees when applicable;
- Our consultants follow up with a phone call to verify that the information is correct and establish the borrower’s ability to pay off the loan;
- We perform a site visit and take current, up-to-date photos;
- Our analyst then gives a final evaluation;
- We send the loan request out to the private lenders we work with and determine who will be funding the loan;
- We work with a borrower to make sure there is insurance on the property (if needed);
- Once a lender says “yes”, we generate a draft term sheet;
- We send it to the lawyer to verify and prepare the draft for the protocol book;
- We receive the documents and send them to the lender and borrower for review;
- Any minor tweaks or changes are made at the behest of the lender or borrower. Then, we sent a final draft of the term sheet to all parties;
- We coordinate the signing with the lender, borrower, lawyer, and often any other party who needs to be paid off (and their lawyer);
- We meet at an agreed-upon location to sign the protocol book. The lender distributes the funds by SINPE (local bank transfer) or certified checks;
- Now that the loan is in place, we check the National Registry within 30 days to ensure the loan is recorded correctly;
- From here, we monitor and record the monthly payments.
All this is just for a standard secure loan. Guaranteed trusts or development projects are more complicated and time-consuming.
Contact us now if you want to know more about how to get a loan in Costa Rica!